Glorious Winter in Aoraki Mt Cook Book Now
Winter at Glentanner and in the Aoraki Mount Cook region is seriously underrated, one of the best kept secrets! Many activities are still on offer (see below), accommodation is warm and cosy, the scenery is more splendid, the weather is generally more settled - the list goes on!
We are also located close to many ski fields. So for those visiting the Mackenzie, Wanaka or Queenstown areas for ski holidays, a trip to New Zealand's highest mountain is well worth it!
Benefits of Winter in Mount Cook
- Accommodation and Activities are quieter
- Warm Cosy Self Contained Cabins
- Discounted Rates (see our Specials Page for the latest deals)
- Weather is generally more settled
- More snow on the mountains for scenic pleasure and snow landings
- 50 minutes from Tekapo where many visit to ski at Roundhill and to swim or skate at Tekapo Springs
- 40 minutes from Ohau Village, only 1 hour to the Ohau Snow Fields car park
- Only 2 hours from Wanaka
- Only 2.5 hours from Queenstown
- Lots of Activities still on offer (see below)
Winter Activities in Aoraki Mt Cook
- The Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
- Stargazing Trips (The night sky is clearer in the winter!)
- Department of Conservation Visitor Centre
Please contact us for further information close to your visit, as some activities may not be available all day every day during the winter due to weather and demand.